Amid the gleaming office buildings in Uptown Charlotte, you’ll find new towers of luxury condos for the corporate crowd who likes to walk to work and experience all the excitement the center city financial district has to offer.
Banking and financial services firms predominate, and the uptown or center city area, as it is also called, is home to an estimated 10,000 Charlotte residents. Roughly one square mile in size and divided into four wards, this was once the original city. Today however, almost nothing except the 1790′s grid system of streets remain. Elegant restaurants, neighborhood bistros and clubs, and a wide range of cultural attractions along North Tryon and North College Streets are just steps away from your front door. At the edge of Uptown Charlotte is the South End neighborhood of renovated factory lofts, just a trolley ride away from the office. Average Price – $387,000 Attractions
- Bank of America Stadium and the Carolinas Panthers’ Practice Field
- Bobcats Arena – Home of NBA Charlotte Bobcats
- Elmwood Cemetery – one of Charlotte’s oldest public cemeteries
- Fourth Ward – a charming Victorian neighborhood, with some of the city’s oldest homes
- “The Square” – the city’s historic center at the intersection of Trade and Tryon streets